Saturday, January 25, 2014

One Epic Chocolate Chip Cookie

One of my favorite things that happens around Christmas is my ladies night out with my sister, her BFF and sister-in-law. We all get together once or twice a year, if we're lucky, but its always a good time.

This years ladies night destination was the The Blue Dragon, Chef Ming Tsai's newest 'Asian Gastro Pub' in Boston. We split a selection of appetizers, noodle bowls and had some seriously delicious cocktails. But for me, the highlight of the evening was dessert (which, I can't deny, is usually the case!)

Chef Tsai was brave by putting just one dessert on the menu. If there is just one dessert option, it has to be seriously spectacular- and it was! Dessert was a Skillet Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie, topped with a heaping scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce.



This Cookie was HUGE! Probably 6 to 8 inches in diameter and was perfect for sharing. It was baked fresh to order and came to our table perfectly warm and delicious. Cookies this large can be tricky to bake too.. they can end up being way to under cooked in the middle with edges to crispy, but this cookie was baked to perfection. Needless to say, we immediately dug into this bad boy.



Check out this heaping scoop of ice cream too... Usually I am not one that likes cold ice cream on hot cookies... I'm just not a huge fan of melted ice cream, but this might be my exception to the rule. The vanilla ice cream was super creamy and was simply perfectly paired on this cookie. The added bonus of the caramel sauce brought out the yummy brown sugar and molasses flavors of the cookie. This was a truly epic cookie- and Kristy approved.

The four of us ladies devoured this cookie in no time. Not only would I highly recommend this dessert, but I would highly recommend the Blue Dragon- just leave some room for the cookie!





No comments:

Post a Comment